Due to expansion and a high level of work we are looking for an experienced HGV/Agricultural Mechanic to join our busy team of 6 mechanics. As we are so busy you must have the ability to hit the ground running.
No two jobs are the same so our work is interesting and varied; from routine maintenance to specialist conversions, performance upgrades and full restorations giving you the opportunity to develop new and refine existing skills.
Atkinson Vos is an established independent dealer selling refurbished second-hand Mercedes Benz Unimogs and new and used spare parts as well as our own range of specially developed Unimog accessories.
Our team enjoys excellent working conditions in our modern, fully equipped workshop.
We offer a generous company pension scheme which is available to all employees.
- Experience of Unimogs/tractors/HGVs.
- Good all round mechanical skills.
- Ability to work under supervision and on own initiative.
- Keen eye for detail spotting problems and diagnosing work and parts needed based on symptoms.
- Working quickly and efficiently to get work done thoroughly & to a high standard but on time.
- Strong, fit and healthy – we work with heavy machinery and tools on a daily basis
- Engineering experience or qualifications are an advantage.
- Welding/bodywork/fabrication skills are an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop within the company as we grow. If you closely match the description above please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a minimum 3 day paid work trial to establish suitability for both parties. The probationary period is 3 months.
The position is full time 8.30-17.00 Monday –Friday and is based in Bentham, LA2 7LW.
We offer 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.