- The long wheelbase Unimogs are the most popular & versatile for use in Industry.
- The ex-military U1300L models offer great value for money. The quality is consistently high & there is much less variation in equipment, condition and previous use when compared to civilian models.
A typical U1300L will be:
- Left hand drive. (Right hand drive conversions available)
- Low kms (usually less than 50000kms).
- Virtually rust free condition.
- Very well maintained.
- In excellent mechanical condition.
- Year 1981-1988.
The features which make the U1300L particularly suitable for industrial use include:
-Standard specification and repeatable so a fleet of vehicles can be identical.
- 3250mm wheelbase makes for a stable & manoeverable vehicle on & off road.
- 3250mm standard dropside rear body with torsion free subframe fitted as standard.
- Rear body design allows for modular platforms such as fuel tanks to be easily fitted.
- Simple mechanical specification without unnecessary accessories such as PTOs which are often found on civilian Unimogs.
- Flexible chassis design makes these models the best Unimogs off road.
- Suitable for many upgrades to performance, driver comfort and practicality.
- No electronics so very simple to repair in the field.
- 100% spare parts availability including many parts available used or reconditioned.
Other long wheelbase models such as the U1550L37, U1700L/U1750 and U4000 & U5000 also make a good base vehicle subject to your budget and import restrictions in the destination country.
All Unimogs are four wheel drive and have differential locks which can be engaged whilst driving and can be used throughout the speed range.